JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: YOUTH DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
Public Health Advocates seeks a dynamic individual interested in community-based work to support our youth programs in Stockton, CA.
- Education: Recruit, educate, train, and support youth
- Campaign: Lead community action and awareness campaigns
- Coalition building: Collaborate with school officials, CBO’s, and youth
- Research: lead research on best practices
- Calendar and meetings: Keep Outlook calendar up-to-date with work schedule and program activities
- Reporting and documentation: Track all outreach activities; maintain campaign contact lists; and properly archive campaign materials such as policy documents, support letters/cards, presentations, toolkits, etc.
- Trainings and Events: Organize and provide training and educational materials for the community to enhance their understanding of community needs
- Program Support: Other program duties as assigned
- This is an entry level position
- Dedication to social action, social justice, civic engagement and leadership development;
- Prior non-profit experience a plus, but not required
- Must have reliable transportation;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and teamwork coordination
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, & online databases
- Able to prioritize tasks in a fast paced and independent environment;
- Ability to interact with and positively engage people of various social, ethnic, cultural, linguistic, religious, economic and educational backgrounds.
- This is a full-time non-exempt position
- $15 – $17 per hour, commensurate with experience
- Position available immediately
Submit cover letter and resume electronically to: Sergio Zepeda, Director of Administration: .