Looking to join an engaged, inspiring, and effective Board of Directors?
Public Health Advocates is looking for you.
Public Health Advocates (PHAdvocates) is recruiting new members to join our robust 6-member Board of Directors. We seek diverse members who are thoughtful, passionate, and creative.
As a PHAdvocates board member, you will help guide our cutting-edge campaigns aimed at correcting the longstanding injustices that disproportionately burden low-income communities and communities of color, and raise funds to support those campaigns. For more information, download the flyer here.
Who We Are Recruiting.
- We seek candidates with skills and experience including but not limited to civil rights/social justice law and policy, social welfare or psychology, criminal justice, health care, fundraising, public relations, accounting.
- We seek candidates coming from industries/sectors including but not limited to technology, financial services, entertainment, health care / health insurance, pharmaceuticals, news media, academia.
- In addition to those with more experience, we seek to include passionate younger voices of people age 25 to 40 who are earlier in their careers.
Board Member Responsibilities.
- Participate in quarterly board meetings, 2 in-person, and 2 via conference call.
- Support and oversee the fulfillment of our mission.
- Provide fiduciary oversight and stewardship of our resources.
- Publicly represent PHAdvocates.
- Oversee and maintain board performance.
- Contribute or help to raise $3,000 per board member annually.
Application Process and Timing.
The deadline to apply is February 24, 2020. Please apply below. New three-year board terms begin June 2020.
For More Information.
For more information, contact Sergio Zepeda at (844) 962-5900 x405 or SZ@PHAdvocates.org.